Tuesday, April 1, 2008

sail on silvergirl...

"Sail on silvergirl, sail on by. your time has come to shine. All your dreams are on their way. See how they shine. If you need a friend, I'm sailing right behind."

Have you ever thought about your dreams. About what is destined to come true, and what is just hopeless wishes, and faded dreams. I have had a lot of dreams in my life, and everyone has seemed to be thwarted for some reason. Maybe God plays into this, maybe God is the reason that I have all of these dreams and am destined to not fulfill them, but to be lead onto different paths, and new dreams. Only, I don't feel as if they are getting better. I don't think that My new paths are better then the old ones. They are just very different. Like after my freshman year of college, when I was so in love with spreading the gospel and so ready to take on the world, and to take on UNC. I was so ready, only to find myself three months later enrolled at Northwestern. Not worse, just very different, a new way to a similar dream.

I now know that there was a very good reason for me staying close to home for the last two years... I needed to be with my family for this time, and that is all well and good, but what now. There is so little that ties me to Minnesota, I don't love it, I find it interesting to live in a culture that I fit in with so little. The Northwestern bubble is not me. I don't want to be married tomorrow, and while I don't find it bad to be married at 21 (it works for some) I don't really think it is me. I just don't understand how all of a sudden I am so far away from where I began. I am so far away from where I wanted to be at 21.

I realize though that I am a different person, and if it were not for the experiences of the last two years, I would probably still be a very cold hard person, and I am starting to really like who I am deep down. Below the surface of sad and unmotivated (like I am at this moment) I am a pretty cool person and I have so much fire for the things that will happen after I get the degree. I have so much fire to work, to make a difference, and to love the world in my own way. I just want to get there. It hurts so much to have to wait for it.

I look at the beautiful words of simon and garfunkle, and I wonder how I could have lost my friend. The person that always promised to be my backbone. To be sailing behind me, and it just makes me really sad. I just don't get why I get to be the person with this cloud. This sadness. I don't get why I feel like a silvergirl. I am someone who has dreams, and they will come true, but why can't I have my backbone back. I just don't get that. It boggles my mind. Why do we lose the people who create such light in the world. Why can't we lose some horrible people. I just don't understand.

What I am trying to say, is I am ready for some dreams come true. I am ready to see some great things happen. I am just ready. That is what I have to say. For now...

lovelovelove
a.

No comments: